Monday, September 8, 2014

MY HIJAB JOURNEY



Recalling on my journey of wearing hijab, its a rather sweet one. My naive-young self, was about 14 years old when I wore the hijab in 1998. The reason? Coz I wanted more items in my wardrobe, haha... I would be envious of my cousins who got clothes & scarfs as gifts from my relatives & grandparents when they came back from travels, where I would only get clothes. Since then, I opted to wear the hijab, merely out of fun & wanting more gifts (but I was soo young back then...)




As years went by, I gradually loved it... and got used to wearing hijab. Then, it wasn't considered as fashion forward (some would deem you to be closed-minded & boring), it’s soo different to the movement of hijab-clad girls today.
But, as i entered UiTM, I became more fashion conscious and it made wearing the hijab a bit of a barrier, gradually I said to myself, wearing the hijab is not a burden, and there are ways to improvise, so thats when I started to make my clothes & scarfs more colourful & fun, accessorizing with necklaces & heels. I opted for prints, colourful hues, fun prints, when people were mostly wearing black & white bawal in university (this was circa 2002)
In a way, I love wearing the hijab, its me. And Sunsilk Lively Clean & Fresh has somehow been with me throughout most of the journey because that is my go-to shampoo.
Sunsilk Lively Clean & Fresh understands the needs for girls in hijab, and by using it all these years has given me the confidence I need, by staying fresh all day (if I'm clad in my scarf from morning to night) 


Being a busy fashion designer/business woman for 3 companies, wife and mother-to-be, Sunsilk shampoo has helped to through the day  by day stress free and with fresh clean scalp.
Well that’s my hijab journey girls.. I’ve been meaning to share it for the longest time, and with the Sunsilk competition has given me the chance to write this blogspot..

How about your hijab journey? I would love to read it too...
Join the Sunsilk competition: https://apps.facebook.com/sunsilkmenemanimu  and WIN all the great prizes such as RM20,000.00 and a T-shirt with your illustration





1 comments:

Unknown September 12, 2014 at 11:52 PM  

Hi Jezmine! Love your pineapple prints hihi. Hope you have a smooth pregnancy and delivery :)

www.awesomesumaiyah.blogspot.com